Prepare for your work-at-home journey
In your search for a work at home career, you need to:
- Determine if working from a virtual home office is suitable for you and your family.
- Understand what personality traits make you suitable for a virtual home office and to develop a list of weakness that you will need to overcome.
- Analyze your strengths and work experience, so that you can formulate a position that is right for you and utilize your current skills set and education.
- Develop reasonable expectations. To understand that a virtual home office may be very convenient, but it also requires hard work, motivation, and strong dedication.
- Learn where to find jobs and how to determine which resources provide legitimate jobs and more importantly, to learn which resources are serving a venue for scam artists to find their next victim.
- View all "opportunities" closely with skeptical eyes. Learn to evaluate these jobs with a proven checklist to avoid scams.
- Prepare your family and spouse for your new working arrangement. Your family needs to understand how this change will affect them.
- Establish a virtual home office with proper equipment that is free of distractions.
- Understand that your responsibilities may be changing. With a traditional office, you have support staff to handle accounting, screening calls, etc.
- Determine if you want to be a employee, an independent contractor, purchase a franchise, or establish a business.
If you are new to the Work At Home industry, you will quickly realize that many of the "opportunities" and "jobs" are actually schemes designed to take your money. Scam artists can be rather creative and manipulate your desire (and sometimes your desperation) to find a valid work at home opportunity. They have developed intricate plots that play upon your emotions and often times they promise thousands of dollars with little effort. If you are seeking get rich quick schemes, they are plentiful in this industry. But there are legitimate paying positions in the work at home industry. You need to know where to find them and you need to know how to evaluate them.
Armed with information, you can protect your interests and enter into a new career from the convenience of your virtual home office. The book includes 24 chapters and 110 pages designed to provide you with a wealth of information and resources. Your Virtual Home Office can help you prepare for each step of your journey!